We are opening PhD and post-doc positions at UNIPI regarding two lines of research
- Fabrication and characterization of inkjet printed devices Exploiting two-dimensional based inks (in collaboration with Prof. Cinzia Casiraghi), the main electronic building blocks (i.e., passive and active components like transistors) will be designed, fabricated, morphologically characterized and measured, so to evaluate their performance. This activity will be instrumental for the realization of printed circuits on flexible substrates as paper. Requested skills:
- experience in electrical device characterization
- experience in the fabrication of electronic devices
- experience on inkjet printing techniques will represent an added values (though not requested)
- Multi-scale simulations (from ab-initio up to quantum transport models) in two-dimensional material-based devices The candidate will be in charge of performing simulations of the performance of novel device architectures for electronic applications, while considering novel homogeneous materials as well as network of flakes, as in inkjet devices. Requested skills:
- experience in programming C, Fortran and Python
- MUST: excellent background in device physics and in carrier transport (e.g., drift-diffusion and/or quantum transport)
The above-mentioned activities are applications oriented.
Expressions of interest with attached detailed CV should be sent to email@example.com by 30 Sept 2019.